to watch the rest of the 9 parts, check out: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA03075BAD88B909E
UPDATE: This should go under resolution 5, but here is some inspiration for you!
Here are five new year's resolutions for those of you who are obsessed with having them. I thought I would help...
1. So you want to start reading more? Don't know what exactly you should be reading? I recommend philosophical texts, you really can't go wrong with such books. My two personal favorites are Plato's Republic and Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics. Here is a list, with a reductionist commentary on some texts that this particular blogger thinks changed the world. Or you could try these fiction texts that were once banned from one place or another.
2. Planning on buying a home this 2011? Well, that would be a bad idea considering the fact that the world may end in 2012. But if you are completely adamant on spending your money on a house, then at least decorate it all dope and such. This place has some cool stuff for the "modern" home. Not sure if you want to buy a home? Well why don't you spend hours editing pictures of your family that you would've put in a new home if you ever bought one.
3. Have plans on becoming smarter this year because last year you got dumber? Well, why don't you stop drinking the water in your apartment, it might be contaminated with lead. Then start learning about quantum physics, its a subject that will make you seem a lot smarter than you really are. Physicist Hans Bethe breaks down (quiet simply) some quantum physics concepts here. Or try watching these lovely NOVA episodes courtesy of PBS. Wolfram's Theory of Everything is also a good lecture you can quote or reference at parties; check out what may be the next big thing since Google, WolframAlpha.com. (Click here to learn how to use it)
4. You want to be a better cook? Is the Food Network's website not helpful enough? (By the way, the show Chopped on the Food Network is amazing! probably one of my favorite shows!) Check out this website where people all over the internet submit their recipes for tasty treats, they LOOK tasty and hopefully they taste tasty as well. Or if you are the type of person that ONLY wants to eat dishes with Wisconsin cheese, then here are 5-minute videos on how to make those types of dishes. Enjoy!
5. Need inspiration to start a new project? Well maybe this inspirational image generator thing will get the gears in your brain moving. Maybe if you start contemplating life you could generate your own inspiration. Here are 5 games that could help you think about life. How about 10 more games? Ok, ok, my final offer, 20 more games! Wait a minute, maybe you should learn a new language.
Remember, the world is going to end in 2012, so make the most of 2011!